Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gifts to Bring Home from the Mission Field!

Tomorrow is TRANSFER day! Can you believe it?  I have already been out for one whole transfer, and today marks TWO months of being a missionary.  It's been exciting and wonderful!  I only have a few minutes to write, but I will have Pday again on Thursday so I will write more.  This week was one of my most spiritual yet, and I want to write you all!
You are all the BEST. Seriously, I got so many letters that all the Sisters whose first name start with a B wrote me a note
Here's the note- I felt really bad but then they said I just radiate the love that I get from each of you and then they feel it, so it's all good.  You are all the best, your letters and support give me so much strength and happiness
 


Some news- Sister Lin is going outbound for two transfers! We are so excited for her to be leaving on Wednesday for SPOKANE WASHINGTON!  I'm definitely excited for her :)

 
Sister Lin and I got sushi last P-day...yeah, I'm sorry I still can't use chopsticks Dad! haha
So...I have a new companion starting tomorrow....drum roll.... :)

Her name is Sister Reneva, and she is from the Philippines! Our assignment is Youth Conference so we will be in charge of the Youth Conferences for the rest of the summer...I am so excited! Mary and Becca- this means I will FOR SURE be seeing you :) Can't wait!


Until I write you all again, I want you all to try an experiment for me.  Since yesterday, I have been repeating in my mind, "My heart, thy heart.  My thoughts, thy thoughts."  I want my thoughts and my heart to be those of Jesus Christ, because I know that can bring me happiness...and sure enough it has worked.  My goodness I can feel the spirit so strongly and feel of his love for each of you.  Please know how genuinely grateful I am for each of you, for my wonderful family, friends, all of you whom I love and admire so much!

We are very blessed here at Temple Square.  The General Primary Presidency and Board made all of us gift bags full of a beautiful key chain with words from Doctrine and Covenants 4, tissues and many other things.  My favorite however was this handout by President Gordon B. Hinckley.

It reads:
"Gifts to Bring Home From the Mission Field":
1. A knowledge of and love for God our Eternal Father and His Beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. A knowledge of and love for the scriptures, the word of the Lord.
3. An increased love for parents.
4. A love for the people among whom you labor.
5. An appreciation for hard work.
6. The assurance that the inspiration of the holy Spirit is available to each of us when we live for it.
7. An understanding of the importance of teamwork.
8. The value of personal virtue.
9. The faith to act.
10. The humility to pray.

I can't say it any better myself.  Today marks of being a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I am learning and growing more than I ever have in my entire life.  I have learned each of these 10 things in the MTC and mission field, and my testimony of each of them have grown so much.  People often ask me how I could sacrifice 18 months of my life for service, and looking back at my experiences, and seeing this list I am just in awe.  This is not a sacrifice at all.  This is the greatest blessing I could ever receive.  I cry as I write this because I am just SO happy.  I thought I was happy before but now I feel like I just beam happiness.  I know that this is because this really is God's work.  I want everyone to just say a simple prayer, just pray to know of God's love for you.  There is nothing bad that can come of doing this, only good things can come.  And then I want you to just pause and listen.  This whole gospel was restored because of a boy who prayed to know of God's love and to know which church to join.  Prayer is essential and it can bring about the greatest blessings!

Everyone kept telling Sister Hittrich and I that we look alike so we dressed alike for fun. 


Do we look like twins? 

Sister Hittrich and I again, she's leaving for outbound to go to Las Vegas, Nevada, I will miss her so much
I love you all so much!
 
Sister Briggs

Shoutouts to: Kellie Mcdougle (4 letters! woah thanks!!!), Madeleine Kmetzh, Kate Thornock, Don Layton, Ashley Solosko, Sister Gina Samuels, Grandma Jeanie, The Briggs Family, The Donakey family, Matt Duke ( I heard you came to the square!) and finally....
 
WELCOME HOME BRIANA LAYTON!!!!!!!!!!! I love you! :)

Bry- Sister Siegle from Sao Paulo Brazil and I made a Passion Fruit Brazilian dessert...did you ever have it?



Sister Li and I, she is such a great roommate. 

Thank you Rob- from the TMSQ sisters!



 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment