Wednesday, September 18, 2013

You're just like your Dad!


Hi everyone :) I honestly have been sitting here stumped for the last few minutes, trying to decide what to write about today.  This week was full of so much good, we truly are blessed in this mission with so very much. 

Sister Siegle and I next to a beautiful model of the Salt Lake Temple.  I love this Temple.  

We had Zone Conference at the Utah Daughters of the Pioneers museum which was absolutely incredible! Sister Siegle and I have been working hard an witnessing and being involved in miracles with people from all across the globe. 

I believe I can fly!  Having fun at Zone Conference.

So much fun trying to think of fun things to share :)...like the guns dad!?

Sister Siegle has been teaching me Portugese, so I have been teaching her some wonderful American phrases...this is where we learned how to say, "Welcome to the gun show!"

Yesterday, we had our first mission FHE with the Cottonwood Stake all full of Coldstone catering, delicious dinner and Brother Hartman (the creator of the Hartman personality test and author of, "The People Code" came and spoke with us about our different personalities and how they are directly from God.  So, trying to figure out what to write has been a bit of a challenge, but I am okay with that :) 



At Zone Conference with my Sister friends. 

Free Coldstone for FHE...Yumm!

 
This past week, I have really had my testimony strengthened of the importance of study.  We are students of so many things in our lives.  We are students to our parents, our friends, our teachers, our employers, all of us learning every day from the people around us and the experiences we have. When we study, we attain knowledge that not only helps us, but can help to answer the questions of those around us. I thought about all the teachers I have had.  I've had teachers who do kart wheels on tables, teachers who bring us pizza, teachers who cancel class...but the most memorable teachers that I have had, are the ones who taught me with passion and who helped me to really internalize what I was learning.  Who is my favorite teacher now?  My Heavenly Father.

Thank you for my scarf, ROB.  Best Valentines Day present ever.

 With school starting up again and summer coming to an end, Temple Square has slowed down quite a bit, allowing my companion and I to have our study time in the morning. I have learned the importance of this study time--that every morning I have an appointment with my Heavenly Father and I am not to be  late or lazy during that hour of precious time.  Just as with any class I open up my notebook, take out my pens and highlighters, and show God I am ready to learn and listen.  Whoever is reading this, I want to promise you now that when we prepare ourselves for answers, when we come to His class ready to learn, my goodness how He teaches us. I have had experiences this week that have touched my heart, that have forever changed me, but most important of all, I just want to bare a simple testimony to you all of the perfection of our Heavenly Father.


I LOVE the apartment I'm in!  This is all of us after FHE.
(Family Home Evening)

Our Heavenly Father is the perfect teacher.  He is loving, patient, kind, diligent.  His knowledge is not limited.  His kindness is not halted by our actions...His arm is stretched out still.  I have thought a lot this week about the hope that comes when we realize the hopefulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  In Alma 37: 44-47, it reads,
 44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the aword of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
 45 And now I say, is there not a atype in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.
 46 O my son, do not let us be aslothful because of the beasiness of the cway; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would dlook they might elive; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.
 47 And now, my son, see that ye take acare of these sacred things, yea, see that ye blook to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell.

With Sister Ibara...so sad it is her last transfer. 

How true it is--look to God and live.  What He asks of us, then immediately blesses us.  When we move forward in righteous actions, actions in accordance to God's will, we are endowed with faith.  I often thought it went the other way around...that faith leads to acts of righteousness, but I have seen that faith truly comes as a gift from God when we act upon His words.  Just try it! God knows that faith is sometimes difficult for us, especially in a world where we are taught to only believe that which we can see, hold, touch and feel.  I testify to you that I have seen his hand in my life.  I have been held by Him during my hardest trials.  I have been touched by His spirit  when I do good, testify of Jesus Christ, of Joseph Smith and of The Book of Mormon.  I feel, every single day, of His love and his anxiousness for His children here on earth.  God is more real than anything and His plan is to show us how having just a desire to do righteous, will give us faith which will then bring us miracles--the gift of eternal life with Him.

Sooo happy to hear our Sisters from Mexico will be staying for one more transfer! Yay. 



Elder Bednar once said in a Stake Conference that living the gospel isn't hard...not living the gospel is hard. The Plan of Salvation is not a level playing field, it favors us! God's plan for each of us to come to this earth, to learn, to live, to grow, to change, to gain knowledge, to have eternal glory, all of it was made by God- Him who knows perfectly our capabilities and our weaknesses. Everything with God's Plan has been organized to maximize our opportunity to success.  He knew we would fall, that we would struggle to remember Him and our life before here, but He gave us every opportunity to remember Him.  This church is here to help us live the gospel of Jesus Christ, to just make it that much easier for us to return to live with our Heavenly Father.  God is our Father, He didn't want to make it hard to return to live with Him--think of how sad it must make Him to see us forget Him and turn away.  He makes himself accessible to us every day we are away through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  

Our lovely friends Sister Bascom & Sister Barrett. We are always together because we are all assigned to be in Guest Services this transfer. 

I know that we are all a part of something so much bigger than us alone.  We are all a part of a grand and beautiful plan that answers every hope and wish of people around the world.  Look into your heart, what is it you want out of life?  I promise you, the answer, the knowledge to how you can have these hopes a reality in your life, all lie with the perfect teacher, with our Heavenly Father.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!



Love always,
Sister Briggs

SHOUTOUTS:Precious Dimatera, Courtney King (got her mission call!!!), Alyssa Lamprecht (thank you for your referral!), John Sheen, Sister Genster's Sister, Ashley Solosko, The Briggs & King family, The Donakey family and Robert :)



We love ice cream all the time. 
I always find swings...they're my absolute favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment