Saturday, October 19, 2013

Transfer 4: "Even our Seconds Show our Stewardship"

Hey again everyone! Two P-days in a row, swell deal huh? (For those who don't know a P-Day is a Preparation Day or Personal Day - It is our day to do personal things, go to the grocery store, write letters, run errands, move in with our new companion, etc.)  I only have a few minutes to e-mail as it has been crazy with transfers and all.  I realized that I wrote yesterday that we had all heard about our new companions and assignments, but that I didn't share with you mine!

I feel very blessed and lucky to be called to serve as a trainer this transfer.  I am very humbled by this opportunity and know that we really will be training each other.  I like to think of Alma 12:1, where we can read that Alma supported his companion Amulek in everything.  Think of the most amazing companionship of all time- that of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.  They are all one in purpose, one in heart, mind, might and strength.  If we are to help fulfill God's purpose here on earth, "to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man," we too must be unified and supportive of each other in all things :)

The theme I want to have for this transfer is, "Even our Seconds Show our Stewardship."  I know that so many blessing come from truly consecrating ourselves to the Lord and in so many different forms. I know and testify that Jesus Christ was a steward of His time before coming to this earth as He prepared for His role here, to be the Savior of the world, and my new companion and I want to represent Him to the very best of our ability. I know that this is not our time, but it is the Lord's time.  I can't imagine anything more beautiful and powerful than spending our time the way He does.
I want to introduce my new amazing, wonderful, beautiful and delightful companion to everyone! Her name is Sister Taylor and she is from Rancho Cucamonga and she really is splendid in every sense of the word. 
Sister Taylor and I :)
 
It was actually a bit of a funny story how we first came together- The AP's were calling off the new sisters from the MTC and then saying, "And you're companion is.....Sister _____!" And then of course we'd all clap for joy :) I was sitting there with Sister Siegle (who is also training, ah how I love her) when Sister Centeno tapped on my shoulder from behind and said, "Sister Briggs...this one's yours!"  I just started laughing and was joking with her and then she kept pointing up, I looked around and saw everyone was looking at me...she really was my new companion! Sister Centeno called it :)  We already are having so much fun together and I can't wait to get to know her better and to learn from her.
 
My New Planner
 
I just want to testify to you all that I know this gospel is truly the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove.  I know that as missionaries, the work isn't better because we are here, but we are better because of the work.

I love you all and I'll see you soon!

Love Always,
Sister Briggs

SHOUTOUTS: Thank you for the letter Sister Dimatera and Robert Donakey! :)

Pictures.....decorated a gigantic pumpkin cookie with the roommates on our last night together thanks to Sister Siegle's wonderful sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment